It's officially starting to feel like Spring, and when you’ve got weather and time on your side it’s important to take advantage of it. There’s plenty to do in and around Portland when it comes to the perfect date night, but what about the perfect outdoor day date? Below are a few creative activities for those cute lovebirds who are looking to do something new.
- Hop on your bike or rent one and pedal your way around Portland with a guided bike tour. Voted #2 top “10 Things to do in Portland” by Time Magazine, this is an experience you don’t want to miss!
- Tie up a pair of Brown Trail Walking boots by New Balance and go on a trek through Forest Park.
- Grab a public art walking tour map and check out a number of historic statues and stunning sculptures or take a stroll through the Pearl District and stop in the many alluring art galleries.
- Strap on a pair of Silver/Pink Walking shoes by New Balance and get lost in over 40 acres of tulip fields during the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm Tulip Fest.
- Get wet and wild with Portland Kayak Company while navigating the waters with a guided Ross Island Tour.
- Go on a doggie date at a local fenced site such as Brentwood Park or run wild with your dog in a pair of Silver/Plum Running shoes by New Balance at an unfenced site such as Arbor Lodge Park.
- Flood your senses with the fabulous collection of flowers at the Portland Japanese Garden or sign up for the Spring Bloom Photography Class at Hoyt Arboretum and create a memorable album of the great outdoors.
- Slip on a pair of comfortable Mocha/Lime Suede Elise oxfords by Dansko and sip on some of the finest local wines while on a tour of the wine country.
Turn off the TV, ignore the emails, and put your phone on silent! Make some time to get in touch with nature and out of touch with technology. We promise the experiences above will be beneficial to not only your individual health and wellness but that of your relationship with your significant other too.